Hosted by IRU in cooperation with CTA, ATA and CANACAR
When: 27 June 2022
Time: 11am–12pm (Ottawa/Washington/EST)
The International Road Transport Union’s (IRU), North American Transportation Forum (NATF) members, the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA), American Trucking Associations (ATA) and Cámara Nacional del Autotransporte de Carga (CANACAR), will be hosting a web-based webinar event which will focus on IRU’s recently published annual global driver shortage survey, and North American solutions to this problem.
Chronic shortages are getting worse, harming carriers who struggle to find drivers to meet demand and seriously disrupting supply chains across North America and the globe.
Join us to explore the latest North American solutions to this global problem, with:
· A briefing on the latest data and trends from IRU’s global market intelligence team
· A debate on the best options for North American governments, associations, and carriers to fix the problem, including:
· Reducing the legal entry-age for commercial drivers
· Expanding training initiatives
· Attracting demographics such as women, retirees, and minorities
· Improving the working environment for drivers.
Guest Speakers for the online event will include:
· Doug Sutherland, Chair, CTA Blue Ribbon Task Force on Driver/Labour Shortage, President, Sutco Transportation
· Bob Costello, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, American Trucking Associations
· Refugio Muñoz López, Executive Vice President, CANACAR
This event will be held virtually via Zoom video conference in English and Spanish. Registration for the free event can be found here.
The NATF brings together IRU members, supply chain leaders, the wider industry and governments to improve cross border transportation and logistics in the region.
For a wrap-up of the inaugural NATF webinar event, which included a presentation by Mark Seymour, Chief Executive Officer, Kriska Transportation Group, click here.