The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance Brake Safety Week will focus on brake lining/pad violations and is set for Aug. 20-26.
During Brake Safety Week, commercial motor vehicle inspectors highlight the importance of brake systems by conducting inspections of their components and removing trucks with brake-related out-of-service violations from roadways until those violations are corrected.
Throughout Brake Safety Week, CVSA-certified inspectors will conduct their usual inspections. In addition, they will be reporting brake-related inspection and violation data to CVSA.
- Check CVSA’s vehicle inspection checklist for details on the brake portion of a Level I and Level V Inspection.
- Download the 2023 Brake Safety Week flyer for 10 tips on keeping your brake lining/pad healthy.
- View the inspection procedures.
- View previous brake-safety campaign results.
- Check the latest inspection bulletins. Currently, there are eight in the brakes category. Inspection bulletins provide important information to augment the existing inspection program.
Brake Safety Week is part of CVSA’s Operation Airbrake Program. The goal is to reduce the number of highway crashes caused by faulty braking systems on commercial motor vehicles by conducting roadside inspections and educating drivers, mechanics, owner-operators, and others on the importance of proper brake inspection, maintenance, and operation.