Trucks for Change Network and Prostate Cancer Canada are again inviting the Canadian trucking industry to Wear Plaid for Dad on June 14 to help drive out a disease which affects so many dads and men across our industry.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to affect Canadian men, with one in seven men being diagnosed with the disease in their lifetime. For the past three years, carriers and industry trades have joined forces as a national leader in participation and fundraising, while boosting team spirit in their workplace with fun Wear Plaid activities.
Here’s how your workplace can get involved:
- Create your own workplace donation portal by visiting plaidfordad.ca use the Trucks For Change Network donation portal “to deposit your fundraising or to make a tax deductible donation.
- Host “Plaid Friday” in your workplace on June 14, inviting employees to sport their craziest Plaid outfits and donate to the cause.
- Add a company-sponsored raffle prize for best Plaid outfit – event tickets and gift cards work great!
- Add a barbecue or potluck lunch to your Plaid Friday workplace festivities.
- Have a workplace baby photo contest (match the baby photo with the co-worker!), or a coin flip elimination draw (everybody flips together, those flipping different than the leader are eliminated, last flipper standing wins!).
Join the Trucks For Change Plaid for Dad event on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/670951156686503/) and share team photos and fundraising ideas with other participating carriers and trades from across our industry. Make sure to use our hashtag #Trucks4Dadand#plaidfordad.
This Father’s Day, make your workplace more “tightly knit” than ever by wearing plaid on June 14, and helping dads across Canada prevent prostate cancer!