Trucking HR Canada has announced a new slate of Directors, having held its first meeting this week in Toronto. Following a year-long strategic review and Board enrichment process, the Board has expanded by two positions, is more regionally representative, and is reflective of the skills needed to ensure Trucking HR Canada continues to be a national leader in the area of HR for the Canadian trucking industry.
“Our strategic review confirmed our key priorities align with industry needs,” says CEO Angela Splinter. “Our new Board composition ensures that we will continue delivering value in these priority areas.”
Trucking HR Canada Board members include:
- David Bradley, President and CEO, Canadian Trucking Alliance (Chair)
- Oksana Exell, President and CEO, WestTAC
- Patricia Harknett, VP, Human Resources, Midland Transport Limited
- Angelique Magi, VP, Strategic Initiatives, The Guarantee Company of North America
- Mike McCarron, President/Founder, Left Lane Associates
- Claudia Milicevic, Senior Director & General Manager, Transcore Link Logistics
“I thank all of the outgoing Board members for their contributions and service during their term, and for their guidance and support throughout the strategic review.” This includes Mike Millian, President, Private Motor Truck Council of Canada; Jean-Marc Picard, Executive Director, Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association; Kevin Riley, VP Transportation & Distribution, Maple Leaf Foods; and, Richard Warnock of the Alberta Motor Transport Association.
Key priority areas for Trucking HR Canada include continued work on skills recognition for drivers; skills development for other key occupations in the industry; identifying and sharing best practices in HR and training; and other initiatives to ensure the industry attracts and retains the qualified workers needed to support efficient and productive operations.