The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are introducing new regulations, effective April 1, 2016, for the processing, storage, shipping, and transport of food products within North America.
Although these regulations do not impact trucking directly, carriers’ customers will likely expect their transportation providers that move human and animal food products to have a written food safety preventative controls plan in place. While many carriers today have a variety of mechanisms to ensure safe food transport, the new regulations present more stringent requirements related to certification, third party verification and record keeping.
The Canadian Trucking Alliance and Iron Apple International (formerly Kasar International) have developed a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) Trucking Program. Iron Apple’s Trucking Food Safety Program (TFSP) will ensure highway carriers meet all standards and requirements for sanitary transportation of food. The Iron Apple TFSP is 100-per cent compliant with new regulations and their certificate of compliance is based on the regulations in Canada and the USA. The program will also minimize waiting time for drivers (HOS) by keeping food safety records electronically.
Carriers in the food transport business or interested in moving into that sector are encouraged to contact Iron Apple for more information (1-844-485-3330, email@example.com, www.IronApple.net).
The provincial trucking associations will host master trainer sessions in the new year for trucking industry personnel to become certified in the delivery of the Iron Apple TFSP.
For more information or to express your interest in registering for the master trainer program contact your provincial trucking association contacts below. For special pricing, carriers may wish to order the program by December 31, 2015 by contacting Iron Apple International directly.
- France Gagnon, Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Rosseker, Saskatchewan Trucking Association, email@example.com
- Jane Douziech, Alberta Motor Transport Association, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanne Benac, Ontario Trucking Association, email@example.com
- Michele Nicol, BC Trucking Association, MicheleN@bctrucking.com
- Aaron Dolyniuk, Manitoba Trucking Association, ADolyniuk@trucking.mb.ca
- Nathalie Leveille, Quebec Trucking Association, firstname.lastname@example.org