The Department of Transportation is requesting information from trucking and other transportation industries to assist DOT in preparing a report for President Biden on supply chain disruptions.
Specifically, reports CCJ, DOT is soliciting “practical solutions from a broad range of stakeholders to address current and future challenges to supply chain resilience in the freight and logistics sector.”
- Identifying major infrastructure or operational bottlenecks and chokepoints across the freight and logistics supply chain that slow or impede efficient cargo movement.
- Major risks to resilience within the freight and logistics sector, including defense, intelligence, cyber, health, climate and more.
- Effects of climate change on transportation and logistics infrastructure.
- Technology issues, including information systems, cybersecurity and more.
- Key opportunities and challenges with respect to the existing and future workforce.