The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will be moving into a new era with the introduction of a graduated Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPs) on November 1, 2016.
CBSA’s direction follows a year of educational enforcement while their ACI (Advanced Commercial Information) program developed and carrier participation and readiness for ACI compliance stabilized.
The webinar (open to all CTA members and provided in Canada’s two official languages) will cover off:
- Background information on AMPS regime
- Review of communique released by CBSA to industry on return to the escalated AMP’s system
- Findings of the CBSA study on AMPS – trends, top issues for carriers
- Mitigation/Appeals process for carriers
- Communication issues (company contact info, other issues)
- Next steps for CTA and CBSA
The English language webinar will take place on Tuesday October 25th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm (EST), and the French Language session will take place on Thursday October 27th from 1:30 to 2:30 pm (EST). Carriers who cross the border are strongly encouraged to participate in this session.
To join CTA and the Canada Border Services Agency for this informative webinar session click here to register before Friday October 21, 2016.