As previously reported by CTA, Transport Canada (TC) amended the reporting requirements found in PART 8 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations for incidents involving Dangerous Goods Shipments on June 1, 2016.
The amendments change the focus of TC’s reporting requirements for releases or anticipated releases of dangerous goods from a simple volume based approach to a circumstantial – outcome based reporting system that will provide TC better information on incidents involving Dangerous Goods. They also bring into regulation specific security requirements for reporting specified lost or stolen dangerous goods.
By December 1, 2016 carriers required to report incidents involving Dangerous Goods must follow the new reporting structure.
The webinar (open to all CTA members and provided in Canada’s two official languages) will cover the main points of the new PART 8 requirements including:
- New definition of Release;
- Amendments to reporting requirements to introduce circumstances under which a report is required;
- Exceptions where the reporting obligation does not apply;
- Introduction of an Emergency Report – Road, Rail or Marine;
- New reporting requirements for a Release or Anticipated Release Report – Road, Rail or Marine (previously called an Immediate Report);
- Introduction of a Release or Anticipated Release Report – Road, Rail or Marine;
- New reporting requirements for a Dangerous Goods Accident or Incident Report – Air to harmonize with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) reporting requirements;
- Introduction of an Undeclared or Misdeclared Dangerous Goods Report by air to harmonize with ICAO reporting requirements;
- Introduction of reporting of the loss or theft of dangerous goods;
- Introduction of reporting of unlawful interference with dangerous goods;
The English Language session will run from 1:30 to 2:30 pm (EST), followed by the French Language Session 2:45 to 3:45 pm (EST).
To join CTA and Transport Canada for this informative webinar session click here to register before Friday September 23, 2016.