The British Columbia Trucking Association (BCTA) elected a Board of Directors for 2016 – 2017 at its Annual General Meeting and Management Conference last week in Kelowna.
Members of the Board of Directors:
- Phil Bandstra, Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd., Smithers
- Mike Bissell, Langley Freight Line (’90) Ltd., Vernon
- Ben Boon, Chevron Canada Limited, Vancouver
- John Bourbonniere, Harbour Link Container Services Inc., Delta
- Stacey Ceron, Canada West Coachlines Ltd., Kamloops
- Jim Charles, Berry & Smith Trucking Ltd., Penticton
- Kevin Clark, Valley West Transport Ltd., Port Coquitlam
- Clinton Connell, Eagle West Crane & Rigging, Abbotsford
- John Cormier, Clark Freightways, Kamloops
- Rex D’Souza, Prudential Transportation Ltd., Surrey
- Doug Elliot, Apex Specialized Rigging & Moving, Delta
- Stephanie Gagnon, XTL Transport Inc., Surrey
- Jerry Gallant, First Truck Centre Vancouver Inc., Surrey
- Ed Genberg, Ocean Trailer, Delta
- Ken Johnson, Ken Johnson Trucking Ltd., Langley
- Kevin Johnson, Coastal Pacific Xpress Inc., Surrey
- Rick McArthur, Macal Bulk Transport Ltd., Mission
- Gary McLeod, Northern BC Truckers Association, Dawson Creek
- Greg Munden, Munden Ventures Ltd., Kamloops
- Darren Racine, Protrux Systems, Inc., Pitt Meadows
- Ken Rosenau, Rosenau Transport Ltd., Edmonton, AB
- Byron Sample, Valley Roadways Ltd., Kamloops
- Trevor Sawkins, ColdStar Solutions Inc., Victoria
- Murray Scadeng, Triton Transport Ltd., Chilliwack
- Paul Schroeder, Bison Transport Inc., Rocky View, AB
- Doug Sutherland, Sutco Transportation Specialists, West Kelowna
- Stephen Szalkai, BC Ready-Mixed Concrete Association / Rempel Bros. Concrete Ltd., Vancouver
- Roy Taki, Arrow Transportation Systems Inc., Kamloops
- Gary Vos, Tri-R Transport Ltd., Richmond
- Dan Watson, Direct LP o/a Canada Cartage, Richmond
- Jason Wheeler, Inland Kenworth, Burnaby
- Jim White, Commercial Logistics Inc., Richmond
- Jordan Wilson, Hawkeye Holdings Ltd., Kelowna
The new Board elected the following director to serve by special appointment:
- Patrick Yearwood, Yearwood Dyson – Lawyers, Surrey
The Board also elected these directors to serve on BCTA’s Executive Committee:
- Trevor Sawkins, Chairperson, ColdStar Solutions Inc.
- Ken Johnson, 1st Vice Chairperson, Ken Johnson Trucking Ltd.
- Phil Bandstra, 2nd Vice Chairperson, Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd.
- Dan Watson, Secretary/Treasurer, Direct LP o/a Canada Cartage
- Kevin Johnson, Immediate Past Chairperson, Coastal Pacific Xpress Inc.
- Ed Genberg, Associate Members’ Representative, Ocean Trailer
- Doug Elliot, Director-at-Large, Apex Specialized Rigging & Moving
Secretary/Treasurer Dan Watson and Director-at-Large Doug Elliot are new to the Committee this year. All are serving the first year of a two-year term.
BCTA looks forward to working with these dedicated representatives of the association and BC’s road transportation industry.