The Atlantic Truck Show — the region’s largest and most-inclusive — the returns to the Moncton Coliseum this week. Taking place June 9-10, 2017, this key trade event is presented by the Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association.
Considered the go-to event for industry stakeholders to research and purchase the latest trucks and related products on the market, the show takes place biennially and is typically attended by over 12,000 visitors over the two days.
There are several exciting exciting features taking place at this year’s edition, including the Women in Trucking’s Second Annual Canadian Salute to Women Behind the Wheel, presented by Women in Trucking, in partnership with OBAC, Trucking Human Resources Sector Council Atlantic and APTA in celebration to recognize female truck drivers for their service.
That’s not all! Also front and centre at the show:
- Plaid for Dad, presented in partnership with Prostate Cancer Canada. Watch for show exhibitors dressed in plaid on Saturday to help raise awareness. Visitors are invited to drop by the APTA Booth (#601) for more information on this initiative.
- Several special trucks will be on display at the show, including antique trucks from the 1940s and 1950s, as well as Western Star’s Big Red, one of the most advanced heavy haul units on the road today, courtesy of Nova Truck Centres.
- The second biennial Innovative Product Awards will be presented at the APTA Shifting Gears Breakfast on Friday morning. One winner and two runners-up will be recognized.
- Recruiting Here, a program to connect job seekers with companies who are looking to hire new employees.
- Ride & Drive, an opportunity for visitors to test drive brand new trucks from participating manufacturers.
A variety of exclusive promotions and show specials being offered by exhibitors, with a sneak peek on the show website